We all look forward to this holiday not only to celebrate our nation's birthday, but to indulge in BBQ, homemade salads, and colorful desserts. Here are a few recipes were serving up at our next cook out!
The Red, White, and Bleu Burger
3 pounds uncooked lean ground beef
1 cup diced sun-dried tomatoes
4 ounces blue cheese
1 tablespoon steak sauce
1/4 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1. In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, sun-dried tomatoes, blue cheese, steak sauce, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and salt. Cover and refrigerate for two hours.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat. Gently form mixture into twelve equally-sized patties.
3. Grill burgers for five minutes per side, or however you liked your burger cooked. Serve on italian rolls or by themselves. Dress with sauteed onions and bleu cheese for extra flavor!
Patriotic Layered Berry Trifle
This recipe is healthy and light, the perfect dessert to end your meal and not make you feel guilty on July 5th!
1 Glass trifle holder
3 cups of blueberries
3 cups of strawberries
3 cups of raspberries
3 cups of heavy whipping cream
3 cups of cubed angel food cake
1 tablespoon of Splenda
1. Prepare your heavy whipping cream in a stand mixer until it is light and fluffy. You can sweeten with Splenda to add more flavor and no calories.
2. Once the whipped cream is prepared,use a spatula to create the first layer.
3. Layer some cubed angel food cake with some raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries, then coat with whipped cream.
4. Repeat until container is full. Then finish off the dessert with a thick layer of whipped cream and top it with berries. You can be as creative as you want and it will still taste delicious.